Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 63: Don't type BRB. Just go and come back.


I haven't been able to keep up posting something that I make every day, and I am anticipating that once school starts I won't be able to either, so I have decided to free myself up and post "something cool" that I find, in hopes that other people will benefit...somehow.

This article is in the latest issue of 'Wired' magazine...absolutely brilliant.

Some awesome photos of Brad Pitt (just when my I thought my man crush was going away...) by Dan Winters - if you haven't heard of him, he's photographed everyone from Mr. Rogers to Tupac Shakur.

I'm not going to write a review of the article, because that is ridiculous. Just go read it for yourself, and take some of the advice to heart, some of my favorites were "hunger and fatigue are not interesting status updates."


Unfortunately, the layout of the online version is totally different than in print (I guess for obvious reasons) but if you have access to a physical copy of it, just look at it. The layout is very appealing, breaks tons of rules (no consistent discernible grid system, about 50 different fonts, etc) but it is just brilliant. Despite the fact that it might seem disorganized at first glance, there is a visual flow that is very subtle, yet extremely effective.




Parting rules:

  • Turn off "Sent from my iPhone" email signatures. > No one cares that you have an iPhone, if anything their annoyed that you feel the need to rub it in their face, especially if they don't have one. And if you don't know how to turn it off, please send me your iPhone because you clearly don't deserve it.

  • Don't waterboard terror suspects. > Seriously.

  • CC'ing your boss after hours does not impress him. > Really? Shoot. I thought I was scoring major points.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment